Updated: Mar 21
There are lots of ways to celebrate some Spring fun on the farm. The days are getting longer and the weather is getting warmer – finally! Spring is a great time to get out and enjoy all that the season has to offer.
There are so many reasons we love living in Maryland but one of the biggest ones is all the Spring fun on the farm we have!
A farm is a great way to connect with nature and experience all that spring has to offer! From picking fresh fruits and vegetables, petting baby animals, taking scenic walks, or just enjoying the peace and quiet of nature, there’s something for everyone on a farm during Springtime.
Here Are 20 Things To Do For Spring Fun On The Farm
1. Go for a nature walk. Spring is the perfect time to go on hikes and explore the great outdoors. Look for signs of wildlife and get lost in the beauty of nature.
2. Visit the animals and feed them some fresh hay or vegetables from the garden, while learning how they live and are cared for.
3. Check out the baby animals we have here on the farm. They're so cute!
4. Help collect eggs. There are goats' eggs and chicken eggs to be collected at Sugar Water Manor.
6. Make a bouquet of wildflowers.
7. Enjoy the delicious fresh fruits and vegetables that are in season during Spring. You can pick your own strawberries or blueberries right at Sugar Water Manor. This is a delicious way to have Spring fun on the farm.
8. Go for a ride on the tractor.
9. Visit a local farmers market. The farmers' markets are starting to open up again, and it's a great way to support your local growers and get some fresh, seasonal produce.
10. Have a picnic. Pack up some sandwiches and snacks and head out to your favorite spot in the park or on the beach.
11. Play games such as tag, hopscotch, or four-square. Be a kid again.
12. Take a road trip to explore a nearby town and all it has to offer.
13. Kayak! What better way to spend your day than taking some time out on the water kayaking? It’s one of the best ways to see this beautiful area and discover hidden gems along the way! We have several kayaks available for guests here.
14. As the weather is warming up, why not enjoy a cozy fire? Cuddle up with your loved ones and
15. While you are enjoying a lovely campfire, break out all of those ingredients that make up smores!
16. The spring wind is perfect for flying your kite. So launch it and let the colors fly!
17. Jump in the puddles after April showers.
18. Set up your lawn chairs and watch the sunset or sunrise.
19. Enjoy the fresh air and sunshine!
20. Go fishing! The spring is the best month to go fishing because it's when freshwater fish start moving upriver for breeding. Ask us for some fishing poles to borrow!
Whatever you do this season, just take some time to enjoy the Spring fun on the farm. You deserve to soak it up!